Nov 26, 2009

"All the Same"

It's an amazing song by Sick Puppies that makes me cry. In fact, that's what I'm doing right now, in the best possible way; listening to "All the Same" and crying a little. David's oblivious beside me, playing Modern Warfare 2 and swearing at the screen.

Today is Thanksgiving, and I am blogging. Strange, I know. I don't have much else to do. My blood family spent the afternoon arguing, and I'm with David's, which I must say is much more fun.

Thinking a lot about family lately. Still insanely excited about getting married, and nervous about a great many things, but also oddly at peace with my indefinite state of discord. I think that is part of my humanity, independant from everyone else's; I am constantly at odds with myself, and usually everyone else. It's become a relitively comfortable form of existance for me.

So I've been designing tee shirts for an up-and-coming company. Eventyally I hope to make a little extra money from the endevour; let's hope it turns out okay.

Work is good, but it's also always a little sad because I know I'll eventually have to leave. I'm a bit nervous about working Black Friday, but I'm sure we'll handle it well. Generally everyone I work with is quite adaptable.

I must not be very picky about music. I listen to so much, and not a lot of it is well known, and therefore, no one likes it. It makes me sad. People that deserve to be discovered rarely are.

Hinder songs are always sad. Anyone else noticed that?

Now that Evanescence is no more, I must recommend you listen through their Origin album...most of their truly musically unique stuff happened before they signed with Windup, though their popular stuff isn't bad either.

My hair is shorter now than it has been since the first grade. I think I'm starting to get used to it...it seems to be growing on others as well. It's a modified bob that I've been tweaking into a few different edgy styles.

I am SO FULL OF FOOD. David's mother makes phenomenal cheesecake. My mom actually managed a strange (and awesome) variation of fruit salad that I loved. I need to hone my limited cooking skills. Seriously.

Life has been so odd lately. People look up to me, and all my friends my age or older are getting married, having kids, starting careers, going to different colleges...I have to say, I'm most excited for Sota. I believe so much in him...he'll make it, no matter what he wants to do.

Has anyone ever seen a miniature poodle completely unshaven? They look like love children of shizus and sheep. When we arrived at my grandmother's today, the first thing we saw was my aunt and uncle running through the yard, chasing a poodle. I must say, it was hilarious; as soon as I got inside and opened the front door, the little thing ran right inside. It was, of course, sour grapes to the others.

I'm not sure why I'm blogging today.

It just feels like I'm connected with myself, I guess. Considering McCurly is the only person that reads these, I think that's why I blog period...to know myself as well as I can.

"Demolition Lovers". Quite an interesting song, though somewhat morbid. I'd love to learn the acoustic guitar part.

Oh! I almost forgot. I choked on something at dinner in front of my future in-laws.

Only me.

Epic fail.

Happy Turkey-Day, people.

"How do you expect to get any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!!"
~"A Brick in the Wall"

Peace,
~W.V.~

3 comments: