Apr 8, 2010

Another Poem...

Wrote this one today during my government class for no apparent reason. It made so much sense when I finished it- keep in mind that "seraph" in this particular poem refers to the stone carvings of angels that guard tombs and graves, but that the speaker is not necessarily speaking to a dead person.


Seraph's Song

If I were an angel,
As I look to be,
You'd never have to feel alone,
As you'd sit beneath my wings.

Alas, I am no angel;
I do not wish to be.
For for your sake I would shed blood,
Or destroy all living things.

A lover, rogue, guardian, wolf;
I am who I am and I am forsook
By those who I should trust the most;
But a ghost remains of all they took.

I am who I am and I am not proud
That fury and passion and madness abound,
Yet for this world I exist and am whole
In the fact that my life is meant to expose;

The only true stability that chaos brings
Is that I'll always shelter you under my wings.


So that's what came out, and I didn't realize how deep my own words were until I thought about them for a while. I needed poetry today for some reason. Hope you enjoy, but whether you do or not feel free to comment.

Peace,
~W.V.~

No comments:

Post a Comment