Jul 30, 2010

Truth?

Even the truth is suspect once it leaves a person’s mouth.

I’ve realized it’s pretty much a waste of energy to insist that my mother hear me out…she knows the truth, but refuses to acknowledge it, and the louder I scream it the more it sounds like a lie.

There are plenty of things I’d scream about, but I have neither the energy to nor the faith that anyone would listen.

It’s approaching 2 weeks that I haven’t heard from David…I don’t know how to feel about that. There was a span of silence last month that lasted longer than 2 weeks…and I don’t know how I’ll get through that kind of anxiety again. I’d like to give a shout out to deviantART and the amazing people that are using it to make the world a more diverse and interesting place. Here’s my page, check my gallery and those of my watchers:

http://www.wolvenvengeance.deviantart.com

“I’ve been building scars up, putting flames out with my fingers.

Tell me when my time’s up so my hope no longer lingers.

Then say no more, say no more, say no more…

‘Cause this is the sound of hurt, unrehearsed,

And it’s alright!

So what are you waiting for?

You can’t ignore the sound

Of someone breakin’ down.”

-”This is the Sound” by The Exies

Things change so fast. We don’t realize it most of the time, and I think that’s why we waste so much of our lives. I was thinking just the other day about an entire shopping complex…I remember it when it was just a gorgeous, grassy hill full of hay bales, but practically no one else does. I keep wondering if my special tree is still standing, or if the field it stood in has been converted into a parking lot yet. I’m not saying development is bad; I’m just saying things are constantly in motion, phasing from one thing into another in ways that are sometimes so subtle that we don’t realize it’s happening until it’s over.

There’s a 99.9% likelihood that I’ll be married in less than a month. What I’ll be doing or where I’ll be is a mystery thus far, but I’m both quite excited and quite nervous. It would be nice if I’d actually heard from my fiancée in the last few weeks…that would probably put most of my worries to rest as quick as a wink.

“And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack

And you may find yourself in another part of the world,

And you may find yourself in a beautiful house

With a beautiful wife,

And you may ask yourself,

‘Well, how did I get here? Well, how did I get here?’

Letting the days roll back…

Into the blue again,

After the money’s gone,

Once in a lifetime…”

-”Once in a Lifetime” cover by The Exies

As you’ve probably noticed, I’m listening to The Exies at the moment. Their music generally both calms and inspires me, and that’s a good thing for me right now. A friend’s work recently inspired me to experiment with comics, which I have done. I’m eager to see how I develop at it.

Did anyone else see President Obama on The View? You could tell Woopie Goldberg was cheesin’ so bad. He’s actually a very good speaker, though my position on politics is “WTF” 24/7...I don’t know if I’ll ever feel strongly enough about an issue to make as much of an ass out of myself as some of these politicians do on TV. So props to Mr. Obama, he keeps his cool.

A short story I started to supplement my novel is slowly coming together into something I think I will be able to be very proud of. I’m also working on a short story for dA and the occasional poem or piece of art for my gallery. I think I’ll ask D for a premium membership as part of my wedding present…just to see what it’s like. If I don’t think it’s worth the money after a year, I’ll just drop back down to a regular membership. There really aren’t that many notable differences…by that I mean that a lot of the benefits of having a premium dA account are trivial, like enabling journal skins, advertising on the banners, etc., but if the critique feature allows me to get a little more attention and notoriety then I’m all for it. Art and writing is my greatest passion, and even if it’s only a hobby and I never make any noteworthy amount of money with it, I’d still like people to know I’m out there.

Ever use formspring.me? It’s completely pointless, but occasionally nice to quell boredom with. I recommend quizilla.com as usual, but that’s probably just because that’s where my online writing venture started J

Well…life is moving along. Time to move with it and dance every step that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment