Nov 9, 2010

Getting Back Around to Christmas

It's getting nearer and nearer to the holidays, and I find myself sitting on the porch and pouring a little or my drink (*wink wink*) into the dirt and thinking about an old friend. December 28th, 2008...I wonder how many people that he touched even remember the date of his death? I celebrate this Christmas in an entirely new way...with not a single blood relative, not a single old friend or classmate. The tail end of this year marks the very beginning or what I believe will be the life I have longed for all along, only not recognized. But, as I celebrate in whatever way I will, I will remember to be thankful for my very life, and to remember its losses...

R.I.P D.C.
You are missed, and our memories of you bless us every day

I've never quite been in the housing/financial situation I am in right now. Never was injured and had to worry about how to clean the wounds or was sick and couldn't take some cough syrup...life is funny that way. Just as we overlook nature, we tend to take the smallest modern conveniences for granted just as often. I wonder sometimes whether anyone ever legitimately finds a proper balance of respect and appreciation for their lives? That would be a feat to be marveled at...

I keep thinking back to past holiday seasons and means by which they were celebrated...where I spent them, who I spent them with, what I did, what I didn't do, what I liked and disliked most. I believe I will go home shortly (after walking to buy some groceries; I am currently on a computer at the public library and am in something of a rush) and make a list on paper of the things I like, dislike, and remember about the holidays. I think I'll make a list of things I look forward to in future seasons, also.

Have a great night, guys. Much love,
~W.V.~

2 comments:

  1. Here is to remembering the past and incorporating it into the future in whatever way seems best. Here is to new traditions that evolve out of old. Here is to life my friend

    ReplyDelete