Jan 14, 2010

Steeling Oneself

It seems so difficult, but it's so necessary. Being "the strong one" is important, even if it means being the self-loathing, auto-analytic, stoic, brutally honest one...right?

Sometimes forgiving oneself for allowing oneself to be broken is the most difficult thing to forgive oneself for. It is only as a whole person that I can see myself in retrospect, in a million little pieces of glass...glass too sharp for me to pick up. But so many people picked them up anyway, and over time we put them back into an order very close to the right one. Now I'm just too insightful for my own good. Sometimes proper knowledge is enough to drive you crazy, and, in that light, ignorance truly may be bliss. I just don't want to keep myself in the dark ever again.

I refuse to take all the easy ways out.

Bring on the fray.

"I watch how the moon sits in the sky on a dark night,
Shining with the light from the sun-
But the sun doesn't give the light to the moon assuming
The moon's gonna owe it one.
It makes me think of how ya' act to me- you do
Favors, then, constantly, ya' just turn around and start askin' me about
Things that ya' want back from me.
I'm sick of the tension, sick of the hunger,
Sick of you actin' like I owe you this-
So find another way to feed your greed while I find
A place to rest."

~Linkin Park~

Adieu,
~W.V.~

No comments:

Post a Comment