Mar 8, 2009

Je-su-uh-us!

So yeah. Interesting story.

I had an amazing date with D Friday night. Like, awesome...despite that we did practically nothing. Anyway, my mom managed to ruin it. Why am I not surprised?

Upon leaving the house, my curfew was midnight. At eleven, while David and I are in the middle of watching Taken at Regal Oaks, mom calls me and blesses me out. "Your curfew is always eleven! I don't care if you're in the middle of a movie! Come home right now!"

"Okay." Click.

So I pull D out of the movie, which up until that point was really good ( I love Liam Neeson as much as Keiffer Sutherland ), and he takes me to my car and I get home at eleven twenty, forty minutes before I was originally going to arrive.

A post-it on the bathroom mirror: "Grounded 2 weeks- we'll talk tomorrow"

I turn to Nathan. "To hell we will."

Saturday morning there is a minor lecturing. Note: my 2 week grounding would last next week, Spring Break, and my birthday. Mom says, "I really don't wanna ground you on your birthday, so listen."

I'm like, "I shouldn't even be grounded. But whatever you say."

She ignores me.

Then, when I get home from work last night, "Gabby, I just now realized y'all were in the movie theater last night...I realized Taken isn't on DVD yet...If I'd known I would have let you stay."

...

...

What. The. Hell.

Anywhoo, after I stared at her blankly and in silence for a minute or so, I said, "Yeah, mom. Yeah, we were at the theater. Why do you think I had to take the call outside?"

"Well, I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"Okaaay...so, like...what's the deal?"

"Well...just don't stay out..."

"Good 'nuff." I say as she walks away.

So, as of today, according to a somewhat vague footnote in my mom's apology, I am relatively ungrounded.

Gah, she's confusing. But whatever.

So I'm watching David play Halo Wars and listening to music...that's about it. Someone hit me up, if you've got my number.

Adios,
~W.V.~


2 comments:

  1. "Gabby, I just now realized y'all were in the movie theater last night...I realized Taken isn't on DVD yet...If I'd known I would have let you stay."


    I do not understand that.

    sounds like my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOUNDS TO ME LIKE A GOOD OLD FASHIONED CASE OF THE

    CRAZY

    a good, reliable cure for the crazy is horse tranquilizers, so get you some of those and fix 'er on up you hear boy.

    horse tranquilizers
    and a bat


    p.s. your a gay

    ReplyDelete